Call for Zines!
Arts Council of Lake Oswego
Entry Deadline: Jan. 6
The Arts Council of Lake Oswego needs your help to fill our gallery with zines!
Zine / ZEEN /: The Art of Homemade Resistance will showcase how art is integral to the making of a zine and would like to feature as many zines as our gallery will hold! Zines are independent publications produced in small batches and distributed in untraditional ways. Zine-making resists mainstream media, ideals, and profit to offer an alternative, grass-roots mode of communication. This exhibition will display a diverse selection of zines in a variety of formats that include a vast amount of subject matter and themes.
The exhibition will take place from February 11, 2020 to May 22, 2020 and features a variety of concurrent programming including an opening reception and conversation with Jennifer Burns Bright on Why DIY? in partnership with the Lake Oswego Public Library L.O. Reads, and Oregon Humanities program. We’re also partnering with Kate Bingaman-Burt of OutletPDX who will share selections from her zine library. Kate will also teach a “Drink, Write and Draw” zine-making event and host a studio tour of her space, OutletPDX.
This exhibition is open to all artists and zinesters. All media and subject matter will be considered. If entries from out of area are accepted, no reimbursement for shipping or delivery will be provided.
Send us an email about your zine(s) and include the following:
• Photos in JPEG, PNG or PDF format
• A brief description of each zine including title, date, medium and dimensions
• Let us know if we may allow visitors to the exhibit to handle, read, or take a copy of your zine
• Let us know if you want your zines returned to you
• Contact info
Email applications as a single PDF to [email protected] with the subject line “Call for Zines”.
Deadline: January 6th, 2020
Artists will be notified of their acceptance status by January 11, 2020. Accepted artwork shall be delivered to the Arts Council no later than January 27, 2020.
It is free to submit entries for this exhibition.
About the Arts Council of Lake Oswego
As the only dedicated visual arts gallery in the city of Lake Oswego, the Arts Council and its ARTspace have a unique opportunity to inspire thought and conversation through art. The Arts Council of Lake Owego’s mission is to ensure that arts are accessible and an integral part of life in our community.
The Arts Council of Lake Oswego works to ensure that arts are an integral part of life in our community, now and into the future.
Our collective actions and commitment will result in:
• Enlivening our built and natural environments, while adding value to Lake Oswego’s economy;
• Effective collaborative partnerships that strengthen our community;
• Increased visual art appreciation and understanding by all of our residents and visitors;
• Increased arts tourism and visitors as economic drivers for the city and our organization.
For more information, please visit