WAAM Media Annual: By A Thread.
Woodstock Artists Association & Museum
Entry Deadline: Nov. 3
WOODSTOCK ARTISTS ASSOCIATION & MUSEUM, (WAAM), WOODSTOCK, NY 28 Tinker Street, Woodstock, NY https://www.woodstockart.org/
CALL FOR ENTRIES: By A Thread
JUROR: Fritz Horstman, Artist, Curator and Education Director, Josef & Anni Albers Foundation
DEADLINE: November 3, 2023, 11:59 pm
By a Thread, is WAAM’s second annual medium-based exhibition, this year focusing on textiles and fiber art. WAAM invites all artists who incorporate natural or artificial fibers into their work pushing the boundaries of installations, sculpture, wall hangings, wearable art and more. Fritz Horstman, Artist, Curator and Education Director, Josef & Anni Albers Foundation, will select techniques that include, but are not limited to: embroidery, braiding, weaving, knitting, rug hooking, quilting, felting, plaiting, macrame, lace making, flocking, pleating, basket making, folding, appliqué, crochet and fiber-based mixed media.
Online application dates: October 6 – November 3, 2023
Artist notification: November 29, 2023
Exhibition dates: January 19 – February 25, 2024
Drop off: Sunday, January 14, 5:00 -7:00 pm; Monday, January 15, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Pickup: Sunday, February 25, 5:00 – 7:00 pm; Monday, February 26, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Opening event: January 20, 2024, 4:00 – 6:00 pm
Exhibition will be held in the Main Gallery of WAAM
Artists are invited to submit up to 5 pieces for consideration.
• Open to all artists within 50 miles of WAAM
• There are no size restrictions
• You must be able to transport or ship work to WAAM.
• All work should be in good condition and ready to hang or install.
• Any special installation needs must be supplied by the artist for the duration of the show and should be noted in their submission.
• All work must be the original conception and execution of the artist listed. No reproductions.
• WAAM reserves the right to reject works that do not comply with these guidelines or are otherwise found to be unsuitable for display.
• WAAM takes a 40% commission on sales in support of its programs. Artists should consider this when pricing submitted work.
• Members apply for free. Application fee for non-members: $35. All submissions welcome. If you are unable to remit the full fee due to financial hardship please contact [email protected].
• Questions may be addressed to [email protected]
About the Juror
Fritz Horstman is the Education Director at the Josef and Anni Albers Foundation in Bethany, Connecticut. He has developed and presented lectures and workshops for institutions such as MoMA New York, the Bauhaus Dessau, Yale University, Harvard University, Princeton University, the Royal Academy of Arts, Lebanese American University Beirut, and the École des Beaux-Arts in Paris. Horstman is also a visual artist who has exhibited his photos, drawings, sculptures, and installations in recent exhibitions across Europe, North America and Asia.
About the WAAM
The Woodstock Artists Association & Museum (WAAM), founded in 1919, is a not for profit membership organization. Its mission is to promote and foster the visual arts, art education, and artists through dynamic exhibitions and programs thus enriching and engaging the community. The WAAM is vital to the culture, history, and economy of the mid-Hudson region and beyond; its Contemporary Galleries, Permanent Collection, Archives, and Education Programs provide continuity, linking the past, present and future.