Belleville Mural Project Open Call
Belleville Mural Project
Entry Deadline: Aug. 14
In the spirit of keeping the arts alive and to boost the resurgence in our community, The Belleville Mural Project will bring a installation to Belleville during the dates of September 23rd – 25th, 2022. The goal of the Belleville Mural Project is to make downtown Belleville a destination location in Southern Illinois bringing more foot traffic into the area which will positively impact the success of our downtown businesses.
Submissions are due by Sunday, August 14th. Final selections will be made by Friday, August 19th.
Installation 1: Home-Brite Ace Hardware
– Budget: $4,000
– Address: 400 N Illinois St. Belleville, IL 62220, Business Website: https://bit.ly/3PyB3sD
- Business Slogan: Color Your Life
– Approx. 30ft x 15ft of mural space with free form design features that would extend patterns/images beyond the central mural. The business uses some of the parking lot for storage from time to time, and the types of product evolves throughout the year, however, the highlighted space shown above will be accessible and visible at all times.
– Home-Brite Ace Hardware has been serving our community since 1941. They are our local hardware store where we shop for all things landscaping, gardening, paint, tools, etc. This mural will be visible from the parking lot of this business. In this parking lot you may run into your neighbors, catch up on the local gossip, see many familiar faces, or even enjoy an occasional community BBQ. They are seeking a mural that best represents their commitment to being the “helpful place” in our town!
– Once selected as one of the finalists, artists will be matched with our committee and the building owner to begin rendering a detailed design.
Upon installation, artists will be responsible for providing all materials required, excluding paint, to complete their design. Scaffolding/lifts/ladders will be provided if necessary. If traveling from out of area, transportation and housing is an artist expense. Housing can be arranged if the artist is open to staying with a BMP committee member.
Design and implication is of a high level and excellence
Happy, uplifting, inspiring and colorful
Absent of any political, social statements or influences
Universal appeal – Accepted and Loved
Visible, well-trafficked locations a priority.
*Design not be used as a billboard advertisement or historical reference to business