2024 Call For Installation Art
Woodstock Artists Association & Museum
Entry Deadline: Nov. 15
WOODSTOCK ARTISTS ASSOCIATION & MUSEUM, (WAAM),
2024 CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Installation Art
JUROR: Portia Munson, Installation Artist
ONLINE APPLICATION DATES: September 13 – November 15, 2023
ARTIST NOTIFICATION: December 20, 2023
EXHIBITION DATES: March 1 – April 14, 2024
OPENING EVENT: March 2, 2024
ARTIST STIPEND: $1,500
Installation Art: The term installation art is used to describe large-scale, mixed-media constructions, often designed for a specific place or for a temporary period of time. Installation artworks (also sometimes described as “environments) often occupy an entire room or gallery space that the spectator has to walk through in order to engage fully with the work of art. – Tate Modern
The Woodstock Artists Association & Museum is accepting submissions for an art installation in its Founder’s Gallery from March 1 – April 14, 2024. The Founders Gallery, (aka the Small Works Gallery), on the lower level of the building, is an irregular space of approximately 200 sq. feet. It is adjacent to the Youth Education Space, (YES), Gallery. Portia Munson, a highly recognized installation artist, will review all submissions & select one artist for the project. The selected artist will receive a stipend of $1,500 to be used for supplies and labor.
• Open to all artists within 50 miles of WAAM
• Artist(s) will submit a two-page proposal that conveys the essence of the project, (scope of work, budget, timeline), resume and 6-10 jpgs/pngs/mp3/mov files of works for the juror’s consideration. The budget should list material/fabricator costs, truck rental if applicable and artist’s day rate. If there is a community or programming component, please indicate how many hours and associated costs.
• All media, including video and sound, are welcome
• Collaborative teams are welcome to apply to create one installation.
• Accepted work must be installed the week of February 26, 2024 and must be open at noon on Thursday, February 29, 2024.
• Artists must have means to transport the work to and from WAAM
• If applicable, artists receive 60% of sales during the run of the exhibition. WAAM retains 40% of sales.
• A site visit is recommended. WAAM is open Thursdays through Sundays from noon to 5:00 pm unless we are closed for installation.
• Free for members. $35 application fee for non-members
ABOUT THE JUROR: Portia Munson is an American visual artist who works in sculpture, installation, painting and digital photography, focusing on themes related to the environment and feminism. Her work includes large-scale agglomerations of mass-produced plastic found objects arranged by color, as well as small oil paintings of individual domestic found objects, and digital photographs of flowers, weeds and animals found near her home in upstate New York
For questions, please contact [email protected].