Art Museum, University of Saint Joseph
The Art Museum at University of Saint Joseph was opened in 2001 to house the University’s distinguished collection of fine art. The nucleus of this collection was donated by the Reverend Andrew J. Kelly in 1937, and was augmented by a major bequest from the Reverend John J. Kelley in 1966. Since then, the collection has grown to more than 2,000 objects with particular strength in American paintings of the early 20th century as well as European and American prints from the 15th century to the present, including works by Georgia O’Keeffe, Thomas Hart Benton, George Bellows, Childe Hassam, Albrecht Dürer, and Rembrandt.
The Art Museum presents six to eight exhibitions per year that are free and open to the public. In addition to installations of the permanent collection, the Art Museum also presents loan exhibitions which bring to campus art that is not represented in the collection. Works of art not on display can be viewed by appointment in the Dr. Vincent J. and Gloria Marcello Turco ’45 Print Study Room. Collection highlights can also be viewed online at www.usj.edu/artmuseum.
The Art Museum also presents programs designed to encourage life-long learning, including gallery talks, lectures, teacher workshops, bus trips and seminars. The Art Museum is located in Bruyette Athenaeum, a part of The Carol Autorino Center for the Arts and Humanities.
Visit our website for updated exhibition and event information and visit us on Facebook at /TheArtGalleryUSJ.