Call for Public Art – Sunset Neighborhood Park
City of Renton
Entry Deadline: Apr. 1
The City of Renton, and the Renton Municipal Arts Commission, invites artists or artist teams to apply to create permanent public artwork to complement the new Sunset Neighborhood Park located across from the Renton Highlands Library.
The Renton Municipal Arts Commission was formed by Resolution 1320, on August 9, 1965. Overseeing an annual budget, the Commission is charged with the responsibility of acting in an advisory capacity to city government in connection with the artistic and cultural development of the city.
The Commission strives to support and connect people with arts and culture endeavors in the Renton community.
- Enrich and increase participation and awareness of the cultural and artist community
- Serve as Renton’s source for arts information
- Increase funding opportunities for arts and culture programs
- Advocate for arts education at all levels
- Advise the City on arts related projects and public art.
We encourage innovative projects by artists and communities that fill in cultural gaps and inspire new forms of creative participation, particularly for under-served groups. The Arts Commission offers Special Project grants during three cycles within the year. The deadlines to apply are:
March 10, 2019
July 10, 2019
November 10, 2019
Please review the Grant Guidelines package for full details on the Special Project Grants.