Uncorked! Chronicle en Plein Air
Arts Council of Lake Oswego
Entry Deadline: May. 20
The Arts Council of Lake Oswego invites artists to participate in the 5th annual Plein Air Lake Oswego. This year we are partnering with three local wineries as locations for our 2 consecutive weekend paint-outs. To participate, artists must produce—paint or draw—the entirety of their work in the outdoors. Artists are responsible for their individual setup, supplies, tools, easels, belongings, etc. Three works from each participating artist will be curated into our ARTspace gallery.
The exhibition, Uncorked! Chronicle en Plein Air will take place from July 12, 2019 through September 20, 2019 and include an opening reception, a First Friday Reception and an Artist Talk/Lunch Time Lecture.
Paint-Out Times and Locations
Times and dates are sunrise to sunset June 14– June 16, 2019 and June 21– June 23, 2019, unless noted below. Artists are welcome to paint in all publicly accessible locations throughout Lake Oswego.
2019 Featured locations include:
• Campbell Lane Winery, 27411 SW Campbell Ln, West Linn, OR
• Tumwater Vineyard and Barrel House Tasting Room, 375 SW Barrel House Way, West Linn, OR
• Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts – June 21-22 10am-9pm, June 23 10am-5pm
• May 20 by 5pm – Registration Deadline at this link: https://forms.gle/F1htzXtHQH3i6PbFA
• June 14 – 16 Paint-Out
• June 21 – 23 Paint-Out
• July 1 – 8 – All art delivered by 12pm on July 8
• July 12, 5 – 7pm – Exhibition Opening Reception & Awards Announced
This event and exhibition is open to all artists over the age of 18. Artists must produce—paint or draw—the entirety of their work in the outdoors at any of the listed locations or in the areas in and around Lake Oswego. All works must be created and completed within the dates of June 14-16 and June 21-23, 2019.
• Works may not exceed 32 inches in width and 6.5 feet in height (must fit through gallery door)
• All work must be ready for exhibition upon arrival – Framed with wire for hanging
• Artists are required to become a Friend and purchase a membership ($50 fee) to help offset costs in producing the exhibition, promotion and associated programming
How to Participate:
• All participants must register at this link by 5pm May 20th: https://forms.gle/F1htzXtHQH3i6PbFA
• Must get canvas stamped or receive a stamp for all canvas/paper prior to painting
• Participate in the paint-outs!
• Create up to three (3) pieces
• Deliver artwork between July 1 and by July 8th at 12pm
Awards Jury convenes in July to select winners. Work not on display is ineligible. Announcement made July 12 at Opening Reception:
• 1st Place: $250 (Best in Show)
• 2nd Place: $125
• 3rd Place: $75
Artwork will be exhibited in ARTspace gallery from July 12th through September 20, 2019. The gallery is free and open to the public Tuesdays through Fridays, 11am to 4pm. Artists are asked to offer their works for sale, with the understanding that the Arts Council takes a 30% commission. Programs are planned during the exhibition to add dimension and provide more opportunities for visitors to engage with the art work.
About the Arts Council of Lake Oswego
As the only dedicated visual arts gallery in the city of Lake Oswego, the Arts Council and its ARTspace have a unique opportunity to inspire thought and conversation through art. The Arts Council of Lake Owego’s mission is to ensure that arts are accessible and an integral part of life in our community.
The Arts Council of Lake Oswego works to ensure that arts are an integral part of life in our community, now and into the future.
Our collective actions and commitment will result in:
• Enlivening our built and natural environments, while adding value to Lake Oswego’s economy;
• Effective collaborative partnerships that strengthen our community;
• Increased visual art appreciation and understanding by all of our residents and visitors;
• Increased arts tourism and visitors as economic drivers for the city and our organization.
For more information, please visit www.ArtsCouncilLO.org
Contact: Public Art & Program Manager, Stephanie Johnson at [email protected]