Shoot and Tell – Call for Entry of Cell Phone Show
Entry Deadline: May. 16
The time has come for our third annual juried cell phone camera exhibition.
The time has come for our third annual juried cell phone camera exhibition. Unlike years past, this year we are doing things a little differently. The implementation of cell phones as photographic devices has been a game-changer in the world of photography—for good and for bad. Digital cameras have been changing photography for years, but the cell phone camera is perhaps the ultimate catalyst in this evolution: capture, process, and output can all take place on one device. Our cell phone photography shows have more or less only celebrated this new form of the medium, but this year we are asking WHY.
This is not a new question, nor a concern that will subside in the near future. Creating a physical space for cell phone photographs is just a start. We want to know how the application of your cell phone has impacted your photographic practice, why you choose to use this method, and where you think cell phone photography will lead us. Whether you are an amateur or professional, whether you simply enjoy communicating with images instead of words, whether you are an occasional image-maker or you live for photography—we want to know what drives you to make cell phone images and why.
This response is optional but encouraged—let’s make this year’s cell phone photography show more than what it has been…and start asking questions.
CALL FOR ENTRIES
• Artists are invited to submit up to 5 images for selection.
• Cost of submission is $15.00. Payment MUST be made via PayPal before submissions will be reviewed.
• To keep costs for artists down, printing will be provided through StoneCrop Gallery for all accepted pieces, as 12 x 12” digital c-prints (see file formatting below to optimize your image for printing)
HOW TO SUBMIT:
• Fill out the “SUBMISSION FORM” from the website and be sure to follow the “File Formatting” guidelines.
• After you submit your entry click the “Pay Now” button to pay the $15 submission fee through PayPal.
• All files must be submitted as JPGs. Preferred size is 1800px on the largest side at 180dpi. No images may be smaller than 720px on the largest side at 72dpi. If you require assistance with file sizing, please contact us.
• Please name all files by artists name, first to last, and number to correspond with title of photograph (i.e., SmithJane_1, SmithJane_2, etc).