New Mexico State University
Entry Deadline: Sep. 13
WHO: Open to NMSU Art alumni, faculty (current and former), students, friends, former visiting artists, community artists
and any artist who wishes to support the NMSU Department of Art’s Visiting Artist and Scholar Program.
WHAT: Create an original work of art following these criteria:
• Outside dimensions must be 5” x 7” (horizontal or vertical format), and the artwork must be UNFRAMED.
• Open to all media.
• Limit two artworks per artist.
• Artist’s signature and date must be clearly written on the reverse/back side of the artwork. No identifying
name or signature may be present on the face of the artwork. All artwork will be displayed as anonymous to the viewers.
• All submitted artworks must be donated free and clear to the NMSU Department of Art for the
Project: Postcard exhibit & sale and related activities.
• The committee reserves the right to withhold any artwork from the exhibit.
HOW: Artwork must be accompanied by a completed artist’s entry form and mailed, shipped or hand-delivered to the
NMSU Department of Art by September 13, 2013. CODs will not be accepted.
WHEN: DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Friday, September 13, 2013
OPENING RECEPTION: Friday, October 4, 2013 • 5-7pm
EXHIBIT: October 4-11, 2013
GALLERY HOURS: Tuesday through Saturday, NOON – 4:00 pm • Wednesday evening, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
FUNDRAISER AND POSTCARD SALE: Friday, October 11, 2013 • 5-7pm
WHERE: EXHIBIT AND SALE LOCATION: University Art Gallery, D. W. Williams Hall, New Mexico State University
WHY: All proceeds from Project: Postcard will benefit the Visiting Artist and Scholar Program which serves to enlighten
and educate NMSU art students and university and community members through lectures, workshops and studio critiques that
are presented at no charge by a wide variety of national and international artists and scholars.