Newport Beach Art Exhibition
Newport Beach Civic Center
Entry Deadline: May. 25
The 54th Annual Newport Beach Art Exhibition presents an opportunity for artists to show and sell their artwork to the public in a one-day exhibit, with a portion of the proceeds benefiting community art programs throughout the year.
- The exhibition is open to all artists 18 years of age and older.
- Exhibition is limited to two (2) works of art per artist. Registration is required and will be limited as space permits. Photos of entries must accompany application.
- Entry fees: $30 for one entry. $40 for two entries.
- Deadline is May 25, 2018 or at Art Exhibition capacity as determined by the City Arts Commission.
- Original artwork only! Please do not submit works done in school, under instructor supervision or copied from published photos, artist reproductions or Giclée. Photography must be signed and numbered.
- Substitutions cannot be made on accepted art. If a work of art is no longer available on the Exhibition date, an alternate work of art may be accepted for display purposes only, at the discretion of the NBAE Committee, and will NOT be eligible for competition.
- Works must have been created within the last two years.
- All two-dimensional artwork must be framed.
- Two-dimensional artwork size limit: 36” wide x 48” high.
- Artist must provide a table-top easel to display two-dimensional artwork up to 24” x 24”.
- Artist must provide a sturdy standup easel for artwork with any dimensions larger than 24”.
- Three-dimensional size limit: only works 150 lbs. or less will be accepted.
- Artist must provide pedestal for three-dimensional artwork.
- Work must be for sale. A 20% donation to the Newport Beach Arts Foundation will be accepted on all sales.
- Delivery and retrieval of all artwork must be done in person – or by a designated representative – on the assigned day and time. NBAE can neither accept nor return any shipped artwork.
- Painting: Oils & Acrylics: 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
- Painting: Watercolors (includes Ink, Pencil and Charcoal): 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
- Photography: 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
- 3D Art (includes Sculpture and 3D Mixed Media): 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
- Juror’s Choice: $200
- People’s Choice: $100
Categories can be changed at the Juror’s discretion.
- Entry Deadline: May 25, 2018
- Artist’s Delivery of Artwork: Friday, June 15: 3:00-6:00 p.m. and Saturday, June 16: 9:00-10:30 a.m.
- Art Exhibit and Sale: Saturday, June 16: 1:00-6:00 p.m.
- Awards Reception: Saturday, June 16: 4:30 p.m.
- Artist’s Artwork Retrieval: Saturday, June 16, 6:00 p.m. Artists are responsible for retrieving their artwork promptly at show closing. No early removal.