ISEA2015: Call for Papers and Participation
Various throughout Vancouver, BC
Entry Deadline: Dec. 20
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: ISEA2015
((( ISEA2015 ))) 21st International Symposium on Electronic Art
August 14-18 2015, Vancouver, Canada.
We are delighted to announce the 21st International Symposium on Electronic Art (ISEA) will be held August 14-18, 2015, in Vancouver, Canada. The ISEA2015 symposium will be hosted by Simon Fraser University, and a vast variety of local academic and artistic partners. ISEA is the largest international academic gatherings on electronic and emergent arts, world-wide. Since its start in the Netherlands in 1988 it has been organised in 4 continents and in over 20 different cities. ISEA brings together scholarly, artistic, and scientific domains in an
interdisciplinary discussion that showcases creative productions applying
new technologies in art, interactivity, and electronic and digital media.
ISEA2015 welcomes submissions for three broad categories:
1 – An exciting art program that will run throughout the duration of the symposium. We welcome submission of artworks, installations and performances alike. Please see our call for artworks to find out how you can be part of it.
2 – A set of workshops, tutorials and institutional presentations will occur on Friday the 14th, and Saturday the 15th of August 2015. See the call for workshops, tutorials, and institutional presentations for more details on how to propose your own.
3 – The academic symposium will occur from Sunday the 16th to Tuesday the 18th of August 2015. It includes the following activities for which we solicit submissions:
* Long Art or Research Papers (8 pages) with Oral Presentation
* Short Art or Research Papers (4 pages) with Oral Presentation
* Extended Abstracts (2 pages) with Demonstration or Poster Presentation
* Round Tables and Square Panels
ISEA2015 submissions in the Long paper, Short paper, and Extended abstract categories need to be the full length version of the paper (not only the abstract). Each submission will be thoroughly reviewed by members from our International Program Committee. Accepted submission will be published in the ISEA2015 Proceedings (with an ISBN/ISSN). These proceedings will be available online, at no cost, prior to the symposium.
For more details on how to contribute in any of the above categories, see our call for papers and panels on our website.
Submissions are to be made through our ISEA2015 EasyChair portal.
While, every submission relevant to the ISEA community will be reviewed and considered, the ones relevant to the ISEA2015 theme of DISRUPTION will be given priority.
– 20 December, 2014: Submission deadline for full research or art papers, short research or art papers, panels, workshops and tutorials
– 20 December 2014: Submission deadline for artworks
– 15 January 2015: Notification of acceptance for artworks, workshops and tutorials
– 15 February, 2015: Notifications of acceptance of full research or art papers, short research or art papers, and panels
– 21 February, 2015: Submission deadline for extended abstracts with demonstration or poster presentation, research or art demonstrations, institutional presentations
– 21 March, 2015: Notifications of acceptance for extended abstracts with demonstration or poster presentation, research or art demonstrations, institutional presentations
– 14-18 August, 2015: ISEA2015 Symposium
Dr. Philippe Pasquier (Symposium Director)
School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT) Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada.
Dr. Thecla Schiphorst (Symposium Director) School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT) Faculty of Communication, Arts & Technology (FCAT), Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada.
Kate Armstrong (Artistic Director) Independent Curator, Director of the Social + Interactive Media (SIM) Centre, Emily Carr University of Art+Design, Vancouver, Canada.
Malcolm Levy (Artistic Director)
Independent Curator, Director of Hybridity,
The series of ISEA symposia is coordinated by ISEA International. Founded in the Netherlands in 1990, ISEA International (formerly Inter-Society for the Electronic Arts) is an international non-profit organization fostering interdisciplinary academic discourse and exchange among culturally diverse organizations and individuals working with art, science and technology. ISEA International Headquarters is supported by the University of Brighton (UK).