Fast Track Call for Art: The Hub Entrance Artwork
The Contemporary Dayton
Entry Deadline: Jan. 27
The Contemporary Dayton, in collaboration with University of Dayton, is seeking an artist or artist team to create a 2D or 3D artwork for the entrance wall into The Hub. The work should be an abstract design referencing the architecture of the space and include ties to the historical significance, the present-day happenings, and the vision for the future of The Hub.
• Artists must be at least 18 years old.
• All media proposals considered.
• UD Faculty, Students and Alumni are encouraged to apply.
• Artists from underrepresented groups are highly encouraged
• Preference to artists in the Greater Dayton region
How to Apply
This Call for Art is a 2-step process
1. Applicants submit to a Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
2. Up to 3 Semi-Finalists are selected to receive a stipend to move on to submit a final design.
To submit: please send via email to Cydnie King, Curatorial Assistant [email protected]
REMINDER: THIS SHOULD NOT YET BE A FINAL PROPOSAL.
1. A Letter of Interest with the following
a. Name, Address, Phone, Email Address, and Website and/or social pages (optional)
b. Your interest in the project and your experience working on comparable projects
c. A 1-2 page Concept Document (aka a mood or inspiration board rendered by hand or digitally and scanned as a jpg). The Concept Doc should be a visual collage of images, texts, fonts, colors, and textures imagined for the artwork and should reflect the overall intended design.
2. 1-4 images of Artist’s work which best relates to the project. Images should be attached to email as JPG, TIFF, or PSD files and saved with your last name and the image title (i.e. Smith_Title of Work.jpg). File size should be 1600 pixels on the longest edge and a resolution of 300 ppi.
3. Checklist of the images including title, year, media, and dimensions.
4. Résumé / CV