Maryland Art Place
Entry Deadline: Aug. 24
Call For Entry: CREATING CONNECTIONS
An Acquisition & Print Replication Project
Saturday, August 24, 2019 Application Deadline
Full prospectus and application available HERE
Maryland Art Place (MAP), in partnership with the CyberWire, is pleased to announce an open ‘Call to Artists’. As an extension of MAP’s annual IMPRINT Project, MAP is working with the CyberWire to offer a unique opportunity to female visual artists of the greater Baltimore metropolitan area. Collectively, MAP and the CyberWire wish to acquire and possibly commission, time permitting, plus license the image of a work of art. The image of that artwork will be reproduced in a limited edition and presented to the guests of the CyberWire’s 6th Annual Women in Cyber Security reception on October 24, 2019.
ABOUT “CREATING CONNECTIONS”: We live in a time where cyberspace has become inextricably linked to the lives of individuals and organizations of all kinds. Cyberspace is the medium of global commerce and communication, and it is one of the most important factors in the social, political, and technological changes we see occurring today. The CyberWire provides concise and relevant daily briefings on the critical news happening across the global cybersecurity domain. In an industry overloaded with information, we also help individuals and organizations rapidly find the news and information that’s important to them.
As the aim of the CyberWire’s reception is to facilitate connections among women working in cybersecurity, and would like to acquire a work of art that reflects the theme of “creating connections.” Inherent in the idea of connections is the idea of networks—social networks, computer networks and support networks—which may be an important point of departure for acquired or commissioned work. This opportunity is open to female artists living and working in the greater Baltimore metropolitan area. The selected artist(s) will be joining a wonderful roster of artists as this program has developed over the last five years. They are: Claire Girodie (year 14’), Anna and Caroline Zellhofer (year 15’), Lindsey McCulloch (year 16’), Carmen Martini (year 17’), and Shanthi Chandrasekar (year 18’).
General Guidelines & Information
- MAP only accepts 2-d works for reproduction – photography, painting, mixed media or similar welcomed.
- All works must be no less than 4 X 4” and no more than 24 X 20”.
- The reproduction edition will be decided on, and agreed-upon at a later date, but will not exceed 500.
- All reproductions will receive a ‘chop or seal’ noting the CyberWire as the publisher.
- All reproductions will be printed on an agreed upon archival fine art paper, expense absorbed by the CyberWire.
- **Artist agrees to not reproduce the selected artwork at the agreed-upon dimensions of this project as this will devalue the edition. Likewise, the CyberWire agrees not to reproduce the image after the edition has ended.
- The CyberWire will cover scanning fees/photography associated with the reproduction.
- Artist agrees to use of artwork image for press and promotional purposes related to this project and event.
- Artist will remain the owner of image copyright.
- Artist is invited to attend the Women in Cyber Security reception on Thursday, October 24, 2019 at the Spy Museum in Washington, DC.
Benefits to the artist: The selected artist will benefit in the following ways:
- $1,000 Cash Award
- Increased visibility of the artist’s name and artwork through:
- Press announcements
- Highlighted on MAP and the CyberWire’s websites
- The gifting of artist reproduction to attendees of the Women in Cyber Securityreception
- Acknowledgment at Women in Cyber Security reception on October 24, 2019
To apply please see the following application and required attachments: Please send your application to [email protected] by close of business Monday, August 24, 2019 Application Deadline
Application Fee: $10 for non-MAP members. Submit your fee by clicking on “Get Involved”, “Donate” on MAP’s website and simply adjust the fee to $10. Please attach your payment receipt to your application. Checks can be made payable to: Maryland Art Place | c/o Benefit | 218 West Saratoga Street Baltimore, MD 21201
Member of MAP? Your submission fee will be waived. Please make a note on your submission that you are a member!
Saturday, August 24, 2019 Application Deadline
- Week of September 16, Artist Studio Visits/Interviews
- September30, Awarded Artist Announced
- September 28 – October 23, Printing/Production
- Thursday, October 24, 2019 Women in Cyber Security Reception
For the full Prospectus and Application Please click HERE