CoCA Collision Show: Call for Artists
Center on Contemporary Art
Entry Deadline: Jun. 30
Its a CoCA Collision! Past, present and future members show.
Submission Deadline: Midnight (PDT), Sunday, June 30, 2013 It’s a CoCA Collision. We’re inviting all contemporary artists to become a part of CoCA, one of the longest running artist lead organizations in the country. And we’re sending out a special invitation to past members to jump back in.
As part of our completely revamped membership program, there are no submission fees for this exhibit. All members will have at least one piece selected for exhibition. If you’re not already a member, this is a great time to join.
So, submit your art and come with us as we collide the past with the present to create a big bang for the future.
Past — Shawn Ferris, CoCA Board President 2000-2002
Present — Joseph Roberts, CoCA Curator 2007-current
Future — Chris Crites, CoCA Member Liaison 2013 & beyond…
1. Open to all living local, national, international contemporary artists, all ages, all mediums,
including 2D, 3D, multi-media, installations and ambient performance.
2. Digital entries only (detailed instructions will be given via our online submission system).
You may submit up to 8 images and a maximum of 4 pieces total per entry.
3. All members will have at least ONE piece selected for exhibition. If we cannot show your work for a technical, legal, or other reason, your membership fee will be returned at your request.
4. Submission Fees: Free for CoCA members.
Become a member: $15 for students. $40 for new or renewing members
($30 for dues-paying members of other arts organizations).
Special $20 for renewing members from the ’80s – contact us!
Lifetime member? Let us know!
5. All artwork selected must be ready for exhibition: framed when appropriate, delivered with necessary hardware.
6. 60% of art sales go to the artist.
7. Print catalogs will be available at cost to exhibiting artists.
8. Local artists will be notified of the curator’s selection by July 8th. Out of state and international artists will be notified as soon as possible for shipping purposes. Shipping costs (including return shipping) are the responsibility of the artists. Detailed shipping instructions will be sent with the curators’ notification.
9. Participating artists will be asked to sign an “Artist’s Loan Agreement,” which includes a liability waiver and permission to use any images for promotional purposes, as well as other terms.
10. The exhibition will be held in CoCA’s flagship location in Georgetown (Seattle, WA).
– Call for art launches: Tuesday, May 28
– Deadline for submissions: Midnight (PDT), Sunday, June 30
– Artists notification: Monday, July 8
– Opening Reception: Thursday, July 18, 5-9pm
– ART@SDC: Thursday, August 15, 5-9pm
– Closing Party: Saturday, September 14
Questions? [email protected]