Calling Connecticut Artists
Fernando Luis Alvarez Gallery
Entry Deadline: Jul. 15
The Fernando Luis Alvarez Gallery announces its 2nd Annual “Thank You, CT” Exhibition.
Building upon last year’s “Thank You, Stamford!” this year’s show invites local artists from around the state to apply for wall space in the gallery during the month of August. Opening Friday, August 3rd, “Thank You, CT!” seeks to offer the community an opportunity to experience the grassroots contemporary art movement that is flooding Connecticut, led by Alvarez and his team.
Alvarez will step-down momentarily as the gallery’s sole creative force and allow a museum director and group of in-house artists (Carole Feuerman, Johan Barrios, John J. Bedoya, Marko Remec, and Museum Director and owner Dr. Livia Straus) jury the show by selecting the Best of Connecticut’s Artists.
1. Send 5 digital images of original artwork, an artist bio, artist statement, and resume to [email protected].
2. Artwork submitted as a digital image must use the following format as a file name: Title_Size_Medium_Year.jpg.
3. Artwork may include installation, painting, photography, sculpture, illustration, performance, and prints.
4. All photography, illustration, and prints accepted to the exhibition must be professionally framed at the artist’s expense. Canvases must be stretched.
5. Artists must be able to prove Connecticut residency and must be available to attend the opening on Friday, August 3rd from 6 to 9 pm.
6. Submissions are due no later than 5pm on Sunday, July 15th.
Failure to follow any of the above instructions will result in disqualification. There is no application fee.