Best of Botanicals
Entry Deadline: Apr. 3
BEST OF BOTANICALS: NATIONAL JURIED EXHIBITION
A Benefit for San Francisco Botanical Garden
Entries due: April 3, 2014
PHOTO | Fine Art Photography
473 25th Street, Oakland CA
From classical to contemporary, from desert to rainforest, from bud to decay, the natural form of flowers and plants has been contemplated by artists, philosophers, scientists . . . and everyone.
• This is PHOTO’s second benefit for the San Francisco Botanical Garden. A percentage of sales will go to support their work in Golden Gate Park.
• PHOTO is part of Oakland Art Murmur located in Oakland’s Uptown Arts District. The exhibit will be seen by thousands of visitors during the June and July First Friday art walks, and during regular hours for the duration of the show.
• Best of Show Award: $1000
• Harold Davis will speak on “Making the Botanical Photo: The Digital Print As an Artifact” on June 7. He is the recipient of many photo awards, a Moab Printmaking Master, and the author of numerous bestselling photography books, including “Photographing Flowers: Exploring Macro Worlds.”
• Exhibit dates: May 22 – July 12
To enter: https://client.smarterentry.com/photo