An Idyllic Journey: A Juried Exhibition Capturing the Allure and Art of Nostalgia
The Mayflower Arts Center
Entry Deadline: Aug. 15
The Mayflower Arts Center seeks entries for the juried, themed exhibition “An Idyllic Journey”, which gives you an opportunity to have your work selected to be introduced to state and national audiences. Targeting the Gentlemen of the Road/Mumford & Sons Stopover Tour in Troy, Ohio this Labor Day Weekend, the show will run August 20 – September 28, 2013.
Concept: Open to interpretation, An Idyllic Journey is meant to capture the allure and art of nostalgia and its role in cultural legacies, memories, and heritage.
Deadline: Entries accepted no later than Thursday, August 15 at 6pm
Opening Reception & Awards: Tuesday, August 20, 7-9pm
Pick-Up Work: October 1-5, 11am – 6pm
Entry Fee (Non-refundable): $35 for up to (3) entries
Notification of Acceptance: Only works selected by the juror will be exhibited. The Mayflower Arts Center will contacts artists no later than Saturday, August 17 regarding the inclusion of their artwork in the Exhibit.
Award: $100 First Prize, $75 Second Prize, $50 Third Prize. In addition, the Mayflower Arts Center will be selecting one to five artists to participate in a solo or duo exhibition at the Mayflower Arts Center during the 2014 calendar year.
• Original 2D and 3D works of art may include: photography, art glass, pottery, painting, sculpture, textiles, jewelry, drawings/etchings, wood, or ceramic.
• All 2-dimensional work must be either framed or display‐ready, including hanging and display hardware.
• Walls, shelves, and pedestals will be provided by The Mayflower Arts Center. All other work‐specific displays (i.e., jewelry stands, table‐top easels) must be provided by the Artist.
• Entries must include description and brief artist statement (see online application for details).
• Artwork will be displayed in The Artist’s Den and Lobby Galleries for the duration of the exhibition.
• Artwork must be delivered to the gallery ready for hanging. If artwork is being shipped, make sure it is insured and packaged appropriately. Artist is responsible for the shipping of any/all work to and from the gallery, including arrangements and costs.
• Although the utmost care will be taken when handling your work, the Mayflower Arts Center assumes no responsibility for loss, theft, or damage to works for this exhibit. Artist is responsible for insurance of artwork while on display at the gallery.
• The Mayflower Arts Center reserves the right to photograph work for publicity purposes.
• All artwork must be for sale. The Mayflower Arts Center will collect any/all funds from sales, including the collection handling, reporting of sales tax) with said funds, less 30% commission, and paid to the artist within 15 days of close of show.
For questions, or more information, contact: The Mayflower Arts Center, 9 West Main Street, Troy, OH 45373, 937.552.5848, [email protected].
Formerly a landmark cinema in a thriving cultural community, the Mayflower Arts Center is strategically located on the historic downtown square at 9 West Main Street, Troy, Ohio. The goal of the Mayflower Arts Center is to provide gallery spaces, performances, exhibition and artist‐series events, studios, and a retail space for artists. As the Arts Center grows, more visual art classes and workshops will be added to help build arts awareness and creative experiences for the community.