AMPLIFY: Regional Juried Spring Show
Dayton Society of Artists
Entry Deadline: Feb. 19
AMPLIFY is the Dayton Society of Artists’ 2020 annual spring juried show. The call for art is open to all mediums, techniques, and styles and drop-off will be at the High Street Gallery. Work is encouraged to, but does not have to fit the theme, Amplify. Any artist, 18 years or older, is eligible to enter. Paige Früchtnicht-Ponchak will be this year’s juror and over $1000 will be awarded in prizes!
Drop off dates: Tues, Feb 18, 11am–6pm & Wed, Feb 19, 5–8pm
Jurying: Weekend of February 22
Pick up of non-accepted work: Wed, Mar 4, 1–6pm & Thurs, Mar 5, 4–8pm
Reception: Fri, Mar 6, 6-9 PM
Exhibition Runs: Fri Mar 6 at 6pm–Sat, April 11
Pick-up Dates: Tues, April 14, 11–6 & Wed, April 15, 5–8pm
• Non-Member: $12/each piece for up to three pieces.
Member: $10/each piece for up to three pieces. (Become a member at daytondsa.org/becomeamember)
• Cash, check, and credit card payments are accepted. Make checks payable to: Dayton Society of Artists
Paige Früchtnicht-Ponchak is an artist, writer and curator originally from Columbus, Ohio. She has attended Columbus College of Art & Design (BFA), the Sandberg Institute, and the University of Cincinnati (MFA). She is the Gallery Coordinator at Wright State University.
• Artwork must be no larger than 48“ x 48“ x 48“
• Artwork must be professionally presented, framing is encouraged, but not required. 2D work must be ready to hang with wiring on back or hang with binder clips. All other installation methods must be pre-approved.
• Artwork must be labelled on the back, or underneath, with your name, title, and price (see next page)
• Artwork must not have been exhibited before at the DSA
• Artwork must have been created in the past 5 years.
• Artwork may not be picked up before the close of the show
LIABILITY & SALES
• The DSA has fine art insurance for work physically inside the gallery. Artists maintain responsibility of insuring work during shipment and travel. If work has an insurance price of over $500 then any insurance claim must be accompanied by documentation of past sales and/or a professional 3rd party appraisal.
• The DSA does not have climate control in the galleries.
• DSA takes NO COMMISSION on sales but requires a 4% free for all credit card sales. Please price work accordingly. Donations are always appreciated and help support future programming.