Cape Town Art Fair
Fiera Milano House
Feb. 24, 2017
The Cape Town Art Fair is proud to announce that entries are now open for the 5th edition taking place at the CTICC from
17 – 19 February 2017.
The Cape Town Art Fair showcases a diversity of work that represents the forefront of cutting edge innovation which brings contemporary art from Africa to the world, and the world to Cape Town. Cape Town boasts a vibrant arts scene, driven by the top galleries on the African continent. Thanks to its diverse cultural heritage and geographic beauty, Cape Town is a compelling destination for both art world professionals and collectors alike.
From the 19th to the 21st of February 2016, the fourth edition of the Cape Town Art Fair took place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC). This, the leading international art fair on the African continent showcasing contemporary art from Africa and around the world, is one of the flagship events produced by Fiera Milano Exhibitions Africa.
The 2016 Cape Town Art Fair presented the best of both contemporary Pan-African and international art, along with a curated programme, which included art talks and curated walks by contemporary art world professionals along with special programmes.
VISION & MISSION
To be the leading art fair on the continent that represents Contemporary Art from the African continent, the diaspora and new markets.
- To showcase new trends in contemporary art.
- To adapt the best international practices to build and sustain an economic platform for the art market.
- To expose galleries to new collectors and collectors to new artists.
- To stimulate new and innovative forms of production and channel these into new modes of consumption (collection practices).
- To create a dialogue around educational practices that develops skills and new professionalism within the sector.