Focal Point with Maryland Fine Art
Entry Deadline: Nov. 14
Fran Stetina, Soap Bubble, digital print, 24×20 Computer software has forever expanded ways for artists to capture and produce their work. MFA celebrates this exhibition by examining the artistic use of all digital media. Eligible entries may be either 2-D or 3-D image based work that is created and/or produced through the use of software (whether purchased or artist created) and includes, but is not limited to digitally produced: photography, graphic design, painting, video and non-film projection. Please visit the exhibition website for additional information. Works selected will be exhibited at MFA’s Circle Gallery in Annapolis, Maryland from January 25 to February 24, 2018. Exhibition Chair: Kate Stillwell
Adam Davies received his EdM from Harvard University and MFA from Carnegie Mellon University. From 2010 to 2013, he held a full-time position as Lecturer & Media Specialist at the National Gallery of Art, Washington and has held teaching positions at Carnegie Mellon, Catholic, Robert Morris, and Harvard universities.
Focal Point may be entered by uploading JPEG images through MFA’s online entry system at www. mdfedart.org.
• Entries: Works previously exhibited in a juried show at Circle Gallery are not eligible. • Maximum size of entry, including edges of frame/work, cannot exceed 72” in any direction. Please measure prior to entry then state size
• All work must be visibly signed by artist (front or back) with edition numbers (1/1, 2/50, e.g.) for hand-pulled prints, as allowed. Works must be priced for sale or marked POR (price on request).
• Submit one JPEG per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide best image for juror set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on longest side. File size may be no more than 2 MB. Images submitted to the juror must correspond with delivered work.
• Note for video or projected submissions: Please contact MFA for specific instructions at [email protected]
• Entry Fees: A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered. 1 or 2 entries $35 (MFA members $20). Additional four entries $5 each. Entry fees are non-refundable. Membership may be processed during entry
EXHIBITION AND DELIVERY
Entering this exhibition shall constitute understanding and agreement on the part of the artist with the conditions stated.
1. Measure to ensure work meets any size limitations before delivery, include outer edges of frames. Work not in compliance will not be exhibited. No exceptions.
2. Attach label to back with name, title, medium and price. 3. No clip frames or taped edges accepted. Work must be presented in a manner appropriate to the artwork and be equipped for installation. Works requiring a barrier must use Plexiglas on all shipped work. For complete guidelines go to www.mdfedart.org.
4. Unless a bar-coded return label is included with shipped work or we have your credit card number on file, we’ll be unable to install your work. Contact shipper online to download label or purchase at time of shipping. No hand-written return forms allowed. Do not send by USPS. We prefer UPS but accept FedEx. Please inform your shipper: NO SHIPPING PEANUTS ALLOWED.
5. Please affix any packing/repacking instructions to OUTSIDE of shipping box.
6. Work arriving late may not be installed. To be considered for award, work must meet delivery and exhibit guidelines.