Call for Proposals: Floating Public Art in Fort Point Channel
Fort Point Arts
Entry Deadline: Aug. 6
Fort Point Arts Community is seeking proposals for a temporary work of public art for installation in conjunction with its annual fall Open Studios event, October 13 -15, 2017. The work of public art will serve to engage the public, highlight the Channel, the Fort Point neighborhood and its creative community, and promote Open Studios. Please see website for full details.
Request for Proposals released: Thursday, June 22, 2017
Q & A Sessions for Applicants: Thursday, July 13th at 6:00 pm. location: FPAC Gallery, 300 Summer Street, M1, Boston MA 02210 RSVP HERE
Proposal Due: Sunday, July 30th by 12:00 midnight EST
Selection announced by: on or around August 4th, 2017
Installation: By Friday, October 6th, 2017
Duration: Two months +
Artists’ Walk and Talk: TBD, during Open Studios: October 13-15, 2017
Deinstallation: By mid-December, 2017 or earlier if necessary
Selected artist will be given a one-year FPAC membership as part of the commission. New members will receive a one-year membership. Current members will receive a one-year extension from past renewal date.
Application should be of professional quality, should be submitted electronically and should include the following:
1. One-page narrative description
2. Detailed digital submission illustrating the proposal which may consist of images and text
3. Map or drawing showing location of proposal (can be included in digital submission)
4. Digital images of up to six images of related artwork.
5. Budget including list of proposed materials, not to exceed $10,000. Artists’ fees must be included in the budget. Please also include a maintenance plan for the duration of the project.
6. Educational Outreach: Briefly describe ways your piece could be used as a connecting point between the arts community the Fort Point Channel and the community at large.